Help required when building gcc-4.1.2 for i686 environment
Tim Prince
n8tm@aol.com
Fri Feb 10 03:13:00 GMT 2012
On 2/9/2012 4:17 PM, Prashant Batra (prbatra) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build a gcc/g++ tool-chain for i486 architechture on an
> x86_64 machine.
> I downloaded gcc-4.1.2 and configured it with host as x86_64 and target
> as i486 after installing the pre-requistes i.e gmp, mrpf, and mpc
> libraries .
>
> ../gcc-4.1.2/configure --with-gmp=/auto/local//prbatra/gcc-install/
> --with-mpfr=/auto/local//prbatra/gcc-install/
> --prefix=/auto/local//prbatra/gcc-install/ --host=x86_64-gnu-linux
> --target=i486-gnu-linux --enable-languages=c,c++,objc
>
> I also installed binutils with the same host and target for asssembler,
> loaded etc
>
> /auto/local//prbatra/objdir/./gcc/xgcc
> -B/auto/local//prbatra/objdir/./gcc/
> -B/auto/local//prbatra/gcc-install//i486-gnu-linux/bin/
> -B/auto/local//prbatra/gcc-install//i486-gnu-linux/lib/ -isystem
> /auto/local//prbatra/gcc-install//i486-gnu-linux/include -isystem
> /auto/local//prbatra/gcc-install//i486-gnu-linux/sys-include -O2 -O2 -g
> -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition
> -isystem ./include -fPIC -g -DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT -DIN_LIBGCC2
> -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -Dinhibit_libc -I. -I. -I../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc
> -I../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/. -I../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/../include
> -I../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/../libcpp/include
> -I/auto/local//prbatra/gcc-install//include
> -I/auto/local//prbatra/gcc-install//include -fexceptions
> -fvisibility=hidden -DHIDE_EXPORTS -c ../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/unwind-dw2.c
> -o libgcc/./unwind-dw2.o
> In file included from ./gthr-default.h:1,
> from ../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/gthr.h:114,
> from ../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/unwind-dw2.c:42:
> ../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/gthr-posix.h:43:21: error: pthread.h: No such file
> or directory
> ../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/gthr-posix.h:44:20: error: unistd.h: No such file or
> directory
> In file included from ./gthr-default.h:1,
> from ../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/gthr.h:114,
> from ../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/unwind-dw2.c:42:
> ../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/gthr-posix.h:46: error: expected '=', ',', ';',
> 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__gthread_key_t'
> ../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/gthr-posix.h:47: error: expected '=', ',', ';',
> 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__gthread_once_t'
> ../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/gthr-posix.h:48: error: expected '=', ',', ';',
> 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__gthread_mutex_t'
> ../../gcc-4.1.2/gcc/gthr-posix.h:49: error: expected '=', ',', ';',
> 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__gthread_recursive_mutex_t'
>
> Can someone help me with what I am missing?
>
Gcc 4.1 wasn't a particularly stable version, even if you could spell
the pre-requisites correctly, making your exercise appear somewhat
pointless. You would require a complete 32-bit development system,
including 32-bit libpthread, which apparently you neglected.
--
Tim Prince
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list