Cross compiling for the 1750A
~Stack~
i.am.stack@gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 23:16:00 GMT 2012
Greetings!
I decided that I needed to learn more about this process. I spent the
day reading about how GCC does its cross compiling. I understand more
today then I did yesterday, but there are still many big gaps. I tried
following a few step-by-step examples but I never got very far.
I did find this guide very useful: gcc.gnu.org/install/
I downloaded the as1750.tar.gz from kellogs website.
http://okellogg.de/x.html
Extracting it, and running make inside the folder just works. No issues
at all getting the assembler in place. This is very promising as the
assembler appears to work well for some of our needs. However, we still
need a C compiler.
I created a build directory then ran:
/home/compile/gcc-3.1.1/configure --prefix=/home/compile/gcc-3.1.1-1750a
--target=1750a --with-as=/home/compile/as1750-1.2a/as1750
--disable-multilib --enable-languages=c --without-headers --disable-nls
--enable-obsolete
No errors that I could see.
Then I ran `make` and it compiled for a while but then it errored out
with the following:
In file included from /home/compile/tmp/gcc-3.1.1/gcc/libgcc2.c:37:
/home/compile/tmp/gcc-3.1.1/gcc/tsystem.h:63:19: stdio.h: No such file
or directory
/home/compile/tmp/gcc-3.1.1/gcc/tsystem.h:63:19: sys/types.h: No such
file or directory
/home/compile/tmp/gcc-3.1.1/gcc/tsystem.h:63:19: errno.h: No such file
or directory
Running `make` I do get errors.
make[2]: ** [libgcc/./_muldi3.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/compile/tmp/gccbuild/gcc'
make[1]: ** [libgcc.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/compile/tmp/gccbuild/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
I did some searching online but most of the solutions I found shouldn't
apply to me (aka, I don't want c++ so I enabled only C and I have the
proper packages installed).
Can someone point out where I went wrong?
Thanks again for your time and help!
~Stack~
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 262 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20120206/497ac054/attachment.sig>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list