Installing gcc 4.7.2 on Solaris 10 - SPARC platform

Holmes.Sherlock its.dipanjan.das@gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 00:31:00 GMT 2012

Thanks *Dennis* for your assistance. However, I have been able to compile gcc
4.7.2 on Solaris 10 (SPARC) without your gcc 4.5.1 pre-compiled binary
package. Here is the precise steps I follwed in case someone else needs it
later:

1. Installed gcc 3.4.6 pre-compile binary from  http://sunfreeware.com/
<http://sunfreeware.com/>   which got installed /usr/local/bin/
2. Installed MPFR library under /usr/local: *./configure
--prefix=/usr/local, make && make install*
3. Installed MPC library under /usr/local: *./configure --prefix=/usr/local,
make && make install*
4. Installed GMP library under /usr/local: *./configure --prefix=/usr/local,
make && make install*
5. Installed binutils-2.23.1 under /usr/local: *./configure
--prefix=/usr/local, make && make install*
6. Set the environment variable to force gcc make process to use GNU as:
AS=/usr/local/bin/as
7. Set the environment variable to force gcc make process to use GNU ld:
AS=/usr/local/bin/ld
8. Started gcc build: *./configure --prefix=/usr/local, make && make
install*

The build process ran over 8 hours (I don't know exactly how much time it
tiik as I left the office after 8 hours and found itself ready the next
morning). I did the same process twice on the same machine and it got built
successfully both the times.

P.S. Now I want to package my gcc 4.7.2 installation in phgadd format so
that if anybody else needs it, it can be installed without such pain. Will
you please help me in this regard?