Issues with Installing GCC-3.0.4 on SCO
Kevin Ross
kevin.ross@afd.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 12:55:00 GMT 2012
Hi,
I am having issues trying to install GCC (3.0.4) on SCO 5.0.7 i386.
I downloaded gcc-3.0.4.tar.gz from "http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc/gcc-3.0.4/", I then tried untarring the file, by: `gzip -dc gcc-3.0.4.tar.gz | tar xAvf - > file-list 2>&1`
And that showed me a bunch of files, but no VOLS so I can use "scoadmin software" to install them.
So I went into the "gcc-3.0.4" folder, and ran `./configure` and that generated some text:
"Configuring for a i686-pc-sco3.2v5.0.7 host.
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib target-libjava
(Any other directories should still work fine.)
Created "Makefile" in /u/test/installgnu/gcc-3.0.4 using "mh-frag"
./configure: cc: not found
*** The command 'cc -o conftest -g conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler."
But is not much help when it fails.
I can just go back to using an older version, "2.95.2pl", but that is missing lots of files which I need.
Regards,
Kevin Ross
e. kevin.ross@afd.co.uk
t. 01624 811711
f. 01624 817695
w. www.afd.co.uk
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list