Compile 4.7.1 problems

Klaus Rudolph lts-rudolph@gmx.de
Thu Aug 23 18:02:00 GMT 2012


Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> The method described at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC works
> fine, for any recent version of gcc
> 

I had not find a hint to the  ./contrib/dowload_prerequisites there.
Using actual versions of the prerequisites works not on my system with
the way described in http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC.


The doc tells:

>>>
The difficult way, which is not recommended, is to download the sources
for GMP, MPFR and MPC, then configure and install each of them in
non-standard locations, then configure GCC with
--with-gmp=/some/silly/path/gmp --with-mpfr=/some/silly/path/mpfr
--with-mpc=/some/silly/path/mpc, then be forced to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/some/silly/path/gmp:/some/silly/path/mpfr:/some/silly/path/mpc/lib
in your environment forever. This is silly and causes major problems for
anyone who doesn't understand how dynamic linkers find libraries at
runtime. Do not do this. If building GCC fails when using any of the
--with-gmp or --with-mpfr or --with-mpc options then you probably
shouldn't be using them.
<<<

But this works fine also with actual versions.

OK, I think I have now two different ways to build a working gcc.
One with older versions of libs and one with actual ones.



Thanks!
 Klaus



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list