Arm multilib for cortex-a15
Manjunath S Matti
81matti@gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 18:59:00 GMT 2012
Hi,
I am trying to build multilib arm toolchain using gcc-linaro-4.7-2012.06
I am targeting cpu=cortex-a15 and multilib for softfp and hard.
i have added a file t-mlibs
{{{
comma := ,
space :=
space +=
MULTILIB_OPTIONS = mfloat-abi=softfp
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES = softfp
MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS =
MULTILIB_REQUIRED = marm/mfloat-abi=softfp
MULTILIB_PARTS=crtbegin.o crtend.o crtbeginS.o crtendS.o crtbeginT.o
}}}
The reason i have not added mfloat-abi=hard, in this file is because the
default i guess is hard, as mentioned in the file
linux-elf.h
{{{
* Run-time Target Specification. */
#undef TARGET_DEFAULT_FLOAT_ABI
#define TARGET_DEFAULT_FLOAT_ABI ARM_FLOAT_ABI_HARD
}}}
I am able to boot strap gcc which is configured with the following options
{{{
COLLECT_GCC=./install/bin/arm-cortex_a15-linux-gnueabi-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/home/manjunath/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/install/libexec/gcc/arm-cortex_a15-linux-gnueabi/4.7.1/lto-wrapper
Target: arm-cortex_a15-linux-gnueabi
Configured with:
/home/manjunath/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/sources/gcc-linaro-4.7-2012.06/configure
--target=arm-cortex_a15-linux-gnueabi
--prefix=/home/manjunath/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/install
--with-local-prefix=/home/manjunath/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/install/arm-cortex_a15-linux-gnueabi/sysroot
--with-sysroot=/home/manjunath/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/install/arm-cortex_a15-linux-gnueabi/sysroot
--with-gmp=/home/manjunath/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/install
--with-mpfr=/home/manjunath/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/install
--with-mpc=/home/manjunath/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/install
--with-ppl=/home/manjunath/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/install
--with-cloog=/home/manjunath/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/install
--with-libelf=/home/manjunath/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/install
--with-newlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-threads=no --enable-lto
--enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-libmudflap --disable-libgomp
--disable-libmudflap --disable-nls --disable-libstdcxx-pch --disable-shared
--with-arch=armv7-a --with-cpu=cortex-a15 --with-tune=cortex-a15
--with-float=hard --with-multilib-list
}}}
And the build directory has the following
./arm-cortex_a15-linux-gnueabi/libgcc/libgcc.a
./arm-cortex_a15-linux-gnueabi/softfp/libgcc/libgcc.a
I am even able to build the glibc with softfp and hard for cortex-a15
respectively, but while building the final gcc i get the following error:
Error msg:
{{{
/install/arm-cortex_a15-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: error:
softfp/libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses VFP register arguments,
/workspace/linaro_arm_tc/manual/cortex_multilib/build/gcc_obj/./gcc/softfp/crtbeginS.o
does not
}}}
Please let me know what am I missing or is this approach wrong?
Thanks in advance
Regards,
Manjunath S Matti.
--
View this message in context: http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/Arm-multilib-for-cortex-a15-tp861280.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list