Moving the gcc binary after it's been built

Eric Wimmer ewimmer@ilm.com
Wed Aug 8 20:50:00 GMT 2012


Thanks Jonathan.

I have a stock gcc 4.1.2 build on the system as well, and I was able to 
copy the binaries to a different location and have the 
-print-search-dirs work as expected.  The copied gcc 4.7.1 binaries do 
not display the expected paths though.

The builds were configured almost identically, except the gcc 4.1.2 
build used --host, and the gcc 4.7.1 build used --build.  Could that 
explain the different output for the paths?

Thanks
-Eric

Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 8 August 2012 21:15, Eric Wimmer wrote:
>   
>> Hello,
>>
>> Should I be able to copy the gcc (and g++, gcov, etc) binaries to a
>> different location after they've been built and have them behave the same?
>>     
>
> Yes, but you need to move the entire GCC installation tree, preserving
> relative paths from the binaries to the libraries and headers, you
> can't just move the binaries.
>   



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list