covariant7.C fdesc_expr not supported by dump_expr

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Tue Apr 24 16:13:00 GMT 2012


On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> "Mailaripillai, Kannan Jeganathan" <kannanmj@hp.com> writes:
>
>> I am getting a message:
>>   "#'fdesc_expr' not supported by dump_expr#<expression error>"
>> while dumping the vable using -fdump-class-hierarchy in platforms
>> ia64-hpux11.23, ia64-redhat-linux. But in x86_64-suse-linux it is working
>> fine.
>
> It's a bug in dump_expr in cp/error.c.  It doesn't know how to print a
> FDESC_EXPR node.  The reason you only see it on ia64 is that FDESC_EXPR
> is only used by targets for which TARGET_VTABLE_USES_DESCRIPTORS is
> non-zero, and the only target for which that is true is ia64.
>

Indeed; it should be filled as bug.  I do not have access to such platforms.
But I would expect the fix to be a modification of
cp/cxx-pretty-print.c:pp_cxx_postfix_expression
and have a corresponding case statement in cp/error.c:dump_expr.

-- Gaby



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list