libstdc++ : shared lib names
Jonathan Wakely
jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:16:00 GMT 2012
On 18 April 2012 17:06, Oleg Smolsky wrote:
> On 2012-04-17 18:21, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>>>
>>> So, is there a way to build gcc and force a bump in the .so version? This
>>> way I could keep environments completely distinct when using shared libs
>>> (the issue goes away when statically linking the runtime)
>>
>> Using --enable-symvers=gnu-versioned-namespace will bump the soname
>> (as well as moving all entities in namespace std to the inline
>> namespace std::__v7)
>
> Great, thank you Jonathan. This option bumped up libstdc++.so.7 but not
> libgcc_s.so.1. While it is an adequate fix for the issue in hand, I still
> have to take libgcc's compatibility on faith...
>
> Is there a way to bump up its version too?
No, and I don't know of any incompatibilities that have ever happened
in libgcc, it's very stable.
If you really don't trust that then I suggest you don't tell ldconfig
to use your newer libraries.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list