g++ 4.7 with g++0x threads & profiling

Folkert van Heusden folkert.mobiel@gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:21:00 GMT 2012


Hi Pedro,

>> I have a C++ application using the new std::thread functionality.
>> At random I see all kinds of crashes, mostly in std::string but also
>> in std::map and friends.
>> I have profiling (-pg) enabled. It seems that if I disable profiling,
>> also the random errors (SIGSEGV) disappear.
>> Are there any known issues with profiling, c++0x and gcc version 4.7
>> with this? (tried g++ 4.6 as well)

> Have you tried oprofile, you will get accurate results under heavy
> multithread usage unlike with -pg

I have not and I will definitely look into that (as using valgrind is
a pain due to slowness), thanks.

But please others: do chime in if you can either confirm or reject
that -pg can be a cause of crashes.

-- 
www.vanheusden.com

bitcoin account: 14ExronPRN44urf4jqPMyoAN46T75MKGgP
msn address: spam@vanheusden.com



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list