Distributing a .so built with GCC 4.7.0

calzakk calzakk@gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 13:18:00 GMT 2012


Hi,

I need some advice if someone can help?

I've got GCC 4.7.0 built and am using this to build a component (.so).
 This will be built on certain platforms (Solaris and various Linux
distros) then distributed to users, who will then integrate it into
their application.

I can't require that they then build GCC 4.7.0 - they'll likely be
using an older version, even the stock 3.4.2 on Solaris 10.

So what's the best course of action for me to take?  Should I
distribute libstdc++.so.6 and libgcc_s.so.1 (from my GCC 4.7.0
installation) along with my component that users can use instead of
what's with their compiler?  Is this nonstandard and/or dangerous?
Should I statically link my component with these instead? (I haven't
quite got this working, but I understand this will cause problems
anyway?)

Or is it just not possible to do what I'm attempting?  In which case
do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Graham



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list