32/64-Bit Library Confusion
Brian McGrew
bdmcgrew@hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:38:00 GMT 2012
> > Good morning,
> >
> > I'm on CentOS 6.2_x86-64 on a Dell PE 1900 using Intel Xeon 5130 processors and I recently got gcc-4.7.0 built and installed, along with all the requirements and dependencies, separate from the system installed versions. It all appears to be working, but, I'm having a bit of confusion over libstdc++ and the 32/64-bit version.
> >
> > I've got:
> >
> > ultra-trix:~/toolchain 09:44:32
> > 73_ file lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.17
> > lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.17: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped
> > ultra-trix:~/toolchain 09:44:47
> > 74_ file lib64/libstdc++.so.6.0.17
> > lib64/libstdc++.so.6.0.17: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped
> > ultra-trix:~/toolchain 09:44:54
> > 75_
> >
> > but when I try and build C++ libraries like PPL (or my own libraries), I get the follow:
> >
> > /export/home/ultra-trix/brian/toolchain/lib/../lib/libstdc++.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
> > collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[3]: *** [libppl.la] Error 1
> > make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> > ultra-trix:~/toolchain/src/ppl-0.12/x86_64 09:49:02
> > 77_
> >
> > This came from trying to build and link PPL. My environment looks like the following:
> >
> > 78_ echo $PATH
> > /export/home/ultra-trix/brian/x86_64:/export/home/ultra-trix/brian/x86_64/script:/export/home/ultra-trix/brian/toolchain/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/gnu/bin:/export/home/ultra-trix/brian/mvp/work/pcb-X64/brian-pcb/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/pdk/bin:/opt/ActivePerl-5.10/bin:/opt/ActivePerl-5.10/site/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/spare1/XDesigner-7.0/bin:/usr/etc:/opt/mvp/pbm
> > ultra-trix:~/toolchain/src/ppl-0.12/x86_64 09:49:45
> > 79_ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > /export/home/ultra-trix/brian/toolchain/lib64:/export/home/ultra-trix/brian/toolchain/lib:/export/home/ultra-trix/brian/mvp/work/pcb-X64/lib:/export/home/ultra-trix/brian/mvp/work/pcb-X64/brian-pcb/lib:/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/gnu/lib:/spare1/XDesigner-7.0/lib/X11
> > ultra-trix:~/toolchain/src/ppl-0.12/x86_64 09:49:50
> > 80_
> >
> > And I've configured PPL as follows:
> >
> > $ ../configure --prefix=/export/home/ultra-trix/brian/toolchain --enable-share
> > d --enable-static --with-gmp=/export/home/ultra-trix/brian/toolchain
> >
> >
> > I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but clearly, I'm doing something wrong. Someone please point me in the right direction?
>
> Obvious, innit? /export/home/ultra-trix/brian/toolchain/lib64 is not
> in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
I'm confused then... I do have that directory in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. See above... Am I missing something???
-b
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list