GCC 4.7.0 as a AVR cross compiler

Weddington, Eric Eric.Weddington@atmel.com
Sun Apr 1 04:26:00 GMT 2012



> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ian Lance Taylor [mailto:iant@google.com]
> Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 1:22 PM
> To: stuart
> Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Re: GCC 4.7.0 as a AVR cross compiler
> 
> stuart <stuart@trognet.demon.co.uk> writes:
> 
> > I am not sure this is the right place to ask this
> 
> It's not.  The right place is gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.  Please take any
> followups there.  Thanks.
> 
> 
> > I can not seem to get gcc 4.7.0 to compile; it will not complete the
> > configuration stage complaining about missing packages (GMP, MPFR
and
> > MPC). I have tried to cross compile these packages for the Atmel AVR
> > Mega series but the only one that seems to complete is the GMP
> > package. The cross compile did produce a lib file (and install it
and
> > the gpm.h file in the correct place) but nothing else would accept
that
> > GMP was present on the system.
> 
> You need to have GMP, MPFR, and MPC for the host.  You do not need to
> cross-compile them for AVR.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily recommend 4.7.0 for the AVR. It really
needs some follow-up patches. I would recommend using 4.6.3, as it's a
more stable release.

Eric Weddington



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list