swap instruction generation

naga raj gnuuser.raj@gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 06:24:00 GMT 2011

Hi Ian,

   I am using Gcc-4.6.0 and I have used bswap RTL pattern for both SI
and HI modes to generate swapb & swaph instructions respectively.

  (define_insn "bswapsi2"
  [(set (match_operand:SI 0 "register_operand" "=r")
        (bswap:SI (match_operand:SI 1 "register_operand" "r")))]
  ""
  "swapb %0, %1"
)

(define_insn "bswaphi2"
  [(set (match_operand:HI           0 "register_operand" "=r")
        (bswap:HI (match_operand:HI 1 "register_operand"  "r")))]
  ""
  "swaph %0, %1"
)

I have written a sample example to generate these instructions..
int swapb(int n)
{
  return ((((n) & 0xff000000) >> 24)
            | (((n) & 0x00ff0000) >>  8)
            | (((n) & 0x0000ff00) <<  8)
            | (((n) & 0x000000ff) << 24));

}
short int swaph(short int n)
{
return  ((((n) & 0xff00) >>  8)
            | (((n) & 0xff) <<  8));
}
int main()
{
  volatile int a=0x12345678;
   volatile short int b=0x1234;
  a=swapb(a);
  b=swaph(b);
 return 0;
}

with this example "swapb" instruction has generated but I am unable to
generate "swaph"(HI mode of bswap RTL pattern) instruction

I have tried all possibilities that I know.
Am I missing something or this approach is wrong.
Please guide me to generate swaph instruction.

Thanks in Advance,
Nag