No gcj 64 bit compilation support? What the?

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 08:44:00 GMT 2011

On 15 September 2011 09:39, Andrew Haley wrote:
> On 09/15/2011 09:16 AM, Me Myself and I wrote:
>

>> Then why is this, if my compiler is on a 64 bit operating system with
>> 64 bit hardware?  Shouldn't it compile to 64 bit files anyway?
>> Isn't the operating system really doing this by default? Is this my reply really accurate?
>> If not, why not? Where can I find simple instructions to build gcj
>> to compile 64 bit optimised executable files?
>
> We don't know the answers to any of these questions because we don't
> know who built the gcj you're using or what OS it runs on.

The OP mentioned Mandriva 2011 but that still doesn't tell us much,
this is a gcc list not a Mandriva one so we don't know about the
distro or what packages are installed.

Does Mandriva ship an x86_64.rpm for gcj?  Have you installed it?
What does "rpm -qa *gcj*" show?