Incorrect optimized (-O2) linked list code with 4.3.2

pavan tc pavan.tc@gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 06:44:00 GMT 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 09/12/2011 09:10 AM, pavan tc wrote:
>
>> Please let me know if any more details about this behaviour are required.
>> I'll be glad to provide them.
>
> This is not appropriate for the gcc list, which is about the development
> of gcc itself.
>
> Please send a full test case that we can compile.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response and for routing the request to the right alias.

Well, it not a small program. You can try pulling the git:
git://github.com/gluster/glusterfs.git

Compilation instructions:

1. cd $GITDIR
2. ./autogen.sh
3. CFLAGS="-g -O2" ./configure
[If step 3 fails for the want of python ctypes, go to step 4]
4. CFLAGS="-g -O2" ./configure --disable-georeplication
5. make

The function you will need to disassemble:
mem_pool_new_fn

The library that has this function defined:
libglusterfs.so.0
Location: $GITDIR/libglusterfs/src/.libs/libglusterfs.so.0

Thanks,
Pavan