Query regarding anon symbols in the output of pmap command

sanshivp@gmail.com sanshivp@gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 13:55:00 GMT 2011

Hi All,

My application is completely written in C++.

While running my application I run the pmap command on the PID of my application. In the output, there were a lot of memory address ranges which are marked against as anon. With a little bit of googling I found out that these addresses might belong to BSS section of process's memory.

Now my question is :

"Is there any compiler option or any coding style where the number of such anon symbols can be reduced...?"

Any help/suggestions regarding this would be very helpful for me.

Thanks & Regards,
Shivaprasada.M.A