__builtin_choose_expr

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Mon Oct 10 19:16:00 GMT 2011


Andy Gibbs <andyg1001@hotmail.co.uk> writes:

> Attached below, therefore, is a simple patch to GCC 4.6.1 which
> implements __builtin_choose_expr for C++.  From my testing, it "seems
> to work fine", but I'm afraid this is my first time hacking GCC, so I
> would be very grateful if someone much more knowledgeable than me
> could check over my patch (it should be very easy to follow) to see
> whether my approach is valid or not.
>
> If it seems to people that this is a useful / suitable addition to GCC
> generally, then I would be happy to supplement my patch with
> test-cases and proper documentation and see whether it can be merged
> into the GCC trunk. Obviously I have uses for this feature, but I
> don't know whether it has a broader appeal!  ;o)

The patch looks fine to me.  You should move it to trunk and submit it
to gcc-patches.  You will probably need to sign a copyright assignment;
let me know if you want to start that process.

Thanks!

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list