About fpr usage in mips64

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Wed Nov 30 23:01:00 GMT 2011

Heiher <admin@heiher.info> writes:

> I want to use ICT Loongson 3A extension SIMD instructions in o32 ABI
> program. The march loongson3a is based on mips64. -mfp32 don't work...

I guess I don't know what it means to use -mips64 with -mabi=32.  I'm
not surprised that it doesn't work.  I don't even think this is is a
bug.  You explained why you want to use -mips64, but why do you want to
use -mabi=32?  Why not just recompile the program?

If you can't recompile the program, then as far as I can see you are
going to have to write some sort of stubs to call between your o32 code
and your mips64 code.

Ian