GCC: C0x11 threading support

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 12:26:00 GMT 2011

On 25 November 2011 08:59, Erotavlas_turbo@libero.it wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read that the threading programming proposed in new C++ standard
> (C0x11)

(It was informally called C++0x but is now published and often
referred to as C++11, but calling it C++0x11 makes no sense.)

> is supported by GCC but only a small subset of features are available.
> So for the moment is better to use the boost thread library (that should be the
> same adopted by new standard, correct me if I'm wrong) or the complete support
> by GCC is not so far?

Since you suggest Boost as an alternative I assume you are only
talking about the new library classes (since that's all Boost
provides).  The library features are almost complete:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/status.html#status.iso.200x

There is more work to be done for the core language features:
http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx0x.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Atomic/
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Atomic/GCCMM