How to make gcc give a check about symbol conflicts in shared libraries it links?
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Mon Nov 7 15:33:00 GMT 2011
"xiaxia347work"<xiaxia347work@163.com> writes:
> I got a tricky problem when I link my exe program with 2 shared libraries,
> the global variable with same name in the 2 .so file may be linked to the same
> address, resulting problem that is hard to find.
This is not a gcc issue.
You didn't mention which OS you are using. I will assume it is
GNU/Linux. On GNU/Linux, or any other ELF based system, there is a
single global namespace of global variables and functions. When two
shared libraries use the same global variable name, they are referring
to the same variable. This is a feature.
If you want something different to happen, look into symbol visibility
and linker version scripts.
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list