CLooG version for trunk

Ryan Hill dirtyepic@gentoo.org
Fri Nov 4 01:56:00 GMT 2011

Very late in stage 1 of 4.6 development an attempt was made to change the
default version of CLooG needed for graphite support from the cloog-ppl
(0.15) branch to the official CLooG (0.16) releases with the ISL backend.  I
believe it was rejected because of lack of testing - a change like that
should have been made earlier in stage 1 to ensure any regressions were
caught.

Now here we are late in stage 1 of 4.7 development and again I see no changes
made in this area.  Did I miss them or are we going to be stuck with
cloog-ppl for another release cycle?  As ppl continues to develop,
maintaining cloog-ppl gets to be more of a burden, and it appears everyone
involved with graphite in GCC is using the ISL backend.  It's hard enough to
get graphite bugs fixed in the branch they're reported in, so much so that
I've stopped reporting them.  If the development team isn't even using the
same libraries and backends as the users then I don't see how the situation
can improve.

--
fonts, gcc-porting,                  it makes no sense how it makes no sense
toolchain, wxwidgets                           but i'll take it free anytime