how-to, GCC installation

JF MARQUET (Y) jfmarquet@yahoo.fr
Sun May 8 11:07:00 GMT 2011

High

I am not an expert...! But I try to install GCC on a small server
(
a "Q-ONE" from Memup Corrporation,
the uname of this server is : Linux Q-ONE 2.6.15 #221 Wed Jun 10
14:43:33 KST 2009 armv4l unknown
its shell is transferred to a Busybox : BusyBox v1.00-rc3
(2009.04.17-08:49+0000) Built-in shell (ash)

Afetr GCC installation, I can try to install some other simpler software....
)

After 1 full day with constant failures, I perhaps understand that I
cannot install GCC on a system with does not have already a minimal
compiler installed......
Then I hope it is possible to make a "remote installation" ?
This idea because I also have a much better equipped LINUX PC connected
to this server (built from UBUNTU distribution, and having GCC installed)

Is it possible to "run" the installation of GCC on my server from my PC
? (using the parameter "target", may be ? What is the grammar for that ?
 From google, I can see many people having the same problem : misleaded
by the GCC installation instructions....

thanks a lot for any help !!!

JF MARQUET