FW: debug info, template class member method

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Sat May 28 15:52:00 GMT 2011

Jonas Paulsson <jnspaulsson@hotmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to debug a template class, but I get a long method name and "...which has no line number information.". The member function is defined in the .h file, inside the class definition.
>
> I wonder if it is possible to step through a template member function with gdb? I have tried g++ -O0 -ggdb -fno-default-inline, but no luck.

Which version of gcc and which version of gdb?

Stepping through inline template member functions seem to move between
working and non-working with changes to the tools.  Unfortunately I
don't know of any way to get it to work when it is not working.

If you are using a current version of gcc, please file a bug report with
a test case and including info about the gdb you are using.  Thanks.

Ian