__gnu_cxx error in OpenSolaris

asyropoulos@aol.com asyropoulos@aol.com
Wed May 25 17:51:00 GMT 2011

>> This is supposed to be the GNU C/C+/ compiler not the compiler of the
>> GNU C,
>> GNU C++, etc. languages, so this is not an answer.
>
>I'm not sure why you say that.

From http://gcc.gnu.org/:

#The GNU Compiler Collection includes front ends for C, C++,
Objective-C, Fortran, Java, Ada, and Go, as well as
#libraries for these languages (libstdc++, libgcj,...). GCC was
originally written as the compiler for the GNU operating system.
#The GNU system was developed to be 100% free software, free in the
sense that it respects the user's freedom.

Here it is clearly stated that this is a C, C++, etc. compiler not
something else. And when you press the C link it
shows to what degree the compiler supports the standard.  So what don't
you understand?

>The compiler is a sharp knife.  You can make it do what you want.

No it is a tool that is supposed to work compilers work.

>The default behaviour is not going to change.

Too bad for GNU and gcc. And I had the impression that this is all
about standards
that everyone should follow...

Regards,
A.S.