Problem to install GCC 4.6.0 with Objective-C language

Germán Arias german@xelalug.org
Sat May 14 19:01:00 GMT 2011


On vie, 2011-05-13 at 23:44 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Germán Arias <german@xelalug.org> writes:
> 
> > Hi, I'm trying to install GCC 4.6.0 on my gNewSense delta H. So I
> > install almost all requirements from source, except PPL and CLoog-PPL
> > (are these necessary?). The configuration seems OK, but with "make" I
> > get the error (I downloaded the objc tarball separately and copied the
> > Objective-C files into the gcc folder, I suppose this is the correct
> > way.):
> 
> The right way is to unpack the -core and the -objc tarball in the same
> directory.  Copying the files may achieve that as well.
> 
> >
> > /bin/bash ../../gcc-4.6.0/gcc/../move-if-change tmp-gi.list
> > gtyp-input.list
> > echo timestamp > s-gtyp-input
> > build/gengtype  \
> >                     -S ../../gcc-4.6.0/gcc -I gtyp-input.list -w
> > gtype.state
> > ../../gcc-4.6.0/gcc/objc/objc-act.h:280: unidentified type
> > `objc_ivar_visibility_kind'
> > make[3]: *** [s-gtype] Error 1
> > make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/german/Instalados/GCC/objdir/gcc'
> > make[2]: *** [all-stage1-gcc] Error 2
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/german/Instalados/GCC/objdir'
> > make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/german/Instalados/GCC/objdir'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> >
> > Any advice? Thanks in advance.
> 
> The type should be defined in the file gcc/c-family/c-objc.h.  Does that
> file exist?  Does it define obj_ivar_visibility_kind?
> 
> Ian

The file c-objc.h is there, and define objc_ivar_visibility_kind

/* ObjC ivar visibility types.  */
typedef enum objc_ivar_visibility_kind {
  OBJC_IVAR_VIS_PROTECTED = 0,
  OBJC_IVAR_VIS_PUBLIC    = 1,
  OBJC_IVAR_VIS_PRIVATE   = 2,
  OBJC_IVAR_VIS_PACKAGE   = 3
} objc_ivar_visibility_kind;




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list