About compile

Axel Freyn axel-freyn@gmx.de
Thu May 12 11:47:00 GMT 2011

Hi,
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 12:50:23PM +0200, konica sarker wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM, konica sarker <konica.sarker@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Sounds like you haven't any 'spu-binutils'. That a GCC needs
> >> suitable binutils: assembler, linker etc. and most probably
> >> also a suitable C library, maybe 'spu-newlib' or something
> >> package, was unfortunately not told :(
> >>
> >> Probably the Ubuntu's "package manager" has a "search" possibility
> >> for finding all "spu" related packages..
> >>

> > Ya, it works perfectly....thanks a lot :)
> >

> I have another Problem. I have installed spu-binutils, spu-newlib, and
> then spu-gcc.(.deb file, downloaded from internet)
> Now I can compile my code with "spu-gcc -c test.c " command.
> but the problem is, I have made a change in spu.h file, then how do I
> rebuild GCC compiler?
>
> I have given a command >>./configure target=SPU then >> make
> but make is giving error.
>
> so, my target is , I want to modify spu.c and spu.h and after
> modifying, how do I recompile the compiler?
Probably the easiest (as fully automated...) way is to do it "the Ubuntu
way" (I'm using Debian, so I'm not 100% sure the comands are exactly the
same on Ubuntu)
 - download the source code of the spu-cross-compiler
   should be something like "apt-get source spu-gcc"
   This will download the complete source code, including all
   modifications done by Ubuntu.
 - cd' into that new directory and change the spu.h/spu.c files
   then create the Ubuntu-packages:
   dpkg-buildpackage
   (here, dpkg-buildpackage will check that all dependencies are
   fullfilled. If something is missing, it will tell you the name of
   the Ubuntu-package you have to install).
 - now install the locally generated package spu-gcc.versionnumber.deb
   using "dpkg -i ..."
Then everything should be fine :-)

The same is of course possible with the spu-binutils,.. packages, if you
want to change there something.

HTH,

Axel