Request of clarifications on GPL license

Marco Maccalli mmaccalli@maccalli-pezzoli.com
Tue May 10 12:46:00 GMT 2011

Dear Sirs,

a client of ours is interested in using GCC in order to compile a
proprietary application that they are currently developing. We would
like to have a better understanding of the implication on the
proprietary nature of our client's application related to the use of GCC
and its associated libraries. We understand that GCC uses libraries
available under GPL license (and not LGPL) and we would like to
understand whether there is a risk that these GCC libraries may bring
our client's application also under open source rules.

We would be grateful if you could help us in clarifying the above and/or
provide any guidance on how to be able to keep our client's application
proprietary and "closed source".

Thanking you in advance, we remain,

Yours Sincerely,

Marco Maccalli