error: conflicting types for 'psignal'

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Mar 18 01:41:00 GMT 2011


Michael Zintakis <michael.zintakis@googlemail.com> writes:

> -I. -I/home/mz/gcc-test/build/src/gcc-4.5.2/libiberty/../include  -W
> -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wc++-compat -Wstrict-prototypes -pedantic
> /home/mz/gcc-test/build/src/gcc-4.5.2/libiberty/strsignal.c -o
> strsignal.o
> /home/mz/gcc-test/build/src/gcc-4.5.2/libiberty/strsignal.c:554:1:
> error: conflicting types for 'psignal'
> /home/mz/gcc-test/install/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/sysroot/usr/include/signal.h:150:13:
> note: previous declaration of 'psignal' was here

This means that the libiberty configure script decided that your system
did not provide the psignal function, although it apparently does.

Look at libiberty/config.log to see if you can find out why libiberty
thinks your system does not support psignal.


> Ian, if you are reading this when I searched google for possible
> causes I found your post
> (http://www.spinics.net/lists/gcchelp/msg28087.html), but it was
> unclear to me as to whether this problem was solved in the end or what
> was the root cause for this error.

I also do not recall.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list