Building a cross compiler, and unsure about the use of --without-headers
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Wed Mar 16 00:47:00 GMT 2011
David Paterson <dnpaterson@gmail.com> writes:
> Based on various examples of building cross systems around the net, I
> have a procedure where the compiler gets built twice, once as a basic
> version to allow building of Newlib, and then again as the full cross
> compiler version. Looking at the esamples, the first, basic, build
> always seems to use --without-headers (and --with-newlib). For the
> second build however, some sites have both of these again, while
> others have only --with-newlib, so I'm not sure whether I should
> include this option in my second stage build or not...
>
> A search turns up a few references to this option, but none of them
> say much beyond something along the lines of "leaving it out will
> disable some features". Does anybody have any thoughts on the wisdom
> or otherwise of using this option?
--without-headers is the default, so it doesn't really matter whether
you specify it or not.
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list