About gcov format
Виктор Малов
malvikus@gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:51:00 GMT 2011
If I understand gcov is a part of gcc project. In manuals for gcov is
said that it was designed to work out-of-the box for setups where
kernels are built and run on the same machine. But, in fact, it
absolutely unuseful for kernel testing in virtual machines. In QEMU I
need to make new user like on my host-machine and make paths with
kernel sources files under this paths because that what gcov needs (or
am I wrong???). Is any agreeable methods for testing profiled kernel
in qemu?
I think is a good way to rewrite gcov that it can be designed and used
for defferent machines or used without hard-link with source trees.
For example: create convolution for every .c file and put as head in .gcda file.
Run gcov --gcda <path_to_this_gcda> -f <source_file> and after gcov
make convolution for <source_file> and compare with head's convolution
in gcda file. If OK - does something usefull.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list