make check failed for builtins testcases when lto enabled

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Tue Jun 28 16:46:00 GMT 2011


"Amker.Cheng" <amker.cheng@gmail.com> writes:

>> I don't understand why this would happen, because I don't understand why
>> gcc/lto would link libc.a in first.  It shouldn't.  If this is indeed
>> the problem, then it presumably is not happening on other targets
>> because on most targets there is no LTO information for libc.a.  I would
>> recommend opening a bug report for this with enough input files (e.g.,
>> libc.a) to recreate the problem.
>>
>> Ian
>>
> Thanks Ian, I am sure that our libc.a has no lto information
> either,Does it have sth to do with this?
> Since I was thinking that lto could be done between objects/libraries
> which have and don't have lto information.
> Am I right?

You can use LTO to combine objects/libraries with LTO information and
objects/libraries without, sure, but of course gcc won't know anything
special about object/libraries without LTO information.  I don't see how
that could lead a multiple definition error for a function like strlen.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list