sigsegv on aix with gcc
Jonathan Wakely
jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:13:00 GMT 2011
2011/6/7 Jędrzej Dudkiewicz :
>
> Well, that's the first thing I did, but I just can't figure out what
> is happening - I compiled with -O (as without optimization everything
> "works") so source code isn't exactly the same as binary code, and
> many variables are inlined, so I can't print their values.
> Additionally - program core dumps in libstdc++, in locale's operator=
> - that's not really deep, but I'm not completely aware of situation,
> which makes things even harder. Also, same code works fine when
> compiled on Linux, HPUX, MacOSX and SunOS with different versions of
> gcc. Valgrind under Linux and MacOSX says nothing at all - so my guess
> is that there's something "odd" about AIX. I was hoping for some
> pointers, like "check this" or "link against that" or "define A".
Build gcc with --enable-libstdcxx-debug so you get a version of
libstdc++.so built with debugging symbols and can step into the
locale's assignment operator.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list