Darwin GCC 4.6.0 build fails stage1 when using strip. invalid option -- c
Graham Reitz
grahamreitz@gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:26:00 GMT 2011
This may come through twice, I apologize. I realized I sent the original from the incorrect email address.
I'm not certain where I've made a mistake. Although, I'm sure it's there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -graham
Error:
/Users/grahamreitz/Development/root/usr/local/bin/strip: invalid option -- c
Host: OS X 10.6.7
$ ($HOME)/Development/root/usr/local/bin/strip --version
GNU strip (GNU Binutils) 2.21
Host gcc:
$ gcc -version
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1
Configure command:
$ ./../../gnu/gcc/gcc-4.6.0/configure --prefix=$HOME/Development/root/usr/local --with-local-prefix=$HOME/Development/root/usr/local --with-build-time-tools=$HOME/Development/root/usr/local/bin --disable-multilib --with-gmp=$HOME/Development/root/usr/local --with-mpfr=$HOME/Development/root/usr/local --with-mpc=$HOME/Development/root/usr/local --with-ppl=$HOME/Development/root/usr/local --with-cloog=$HOME/Development/root/usr/local/bin --enable-languages=c++
Make command line:
$ make
builddir:
$HOME/Development/sources/build/gcc
sourcedir:
$HOME/Development/sources/gnu/gcc/gcc-4.6.0
config.log attached.
Console output on failure:
MLIBS=`/Users/grahamreitz/Development/sources/build/gcc/./gcc/xgcc -B/Users/grahamreitz/Development/sources/build/gcc/./gcc/ -B/Users/grahamreitz/Development/root/usr/local/x86_64-apple-darwin10.7.0/bin/ -B/Users/grahamreitz/Development/root/usr/local/x86_64-apple-darwin10.7.0/lib/ -isystem /Users/grahamreitz/Development/root/usr/local/x86_64-apple-darwin10.7.0/include -isystem /Users/grahamreitz/Development/root/usr/local/x86_64-apple-darwin10.7.0/sys-include --print-multi-lib | sed -e 's/;.*$//'` ; \
for mlib in $MLIBS ; do \
/Users/grahamreitz/Development/root/usr/local/bin/strip -o libgcc_ext.10.4.dylib_T${mlib} \
-R ../.././../../gnu/gcc/gcc-4.6.0/libgcc/../gcc/config/i386/darwin-libgcc.10.4.ver -c -urx \
../${mlib}/libgcc/${mlib}/libgcc_s.dylib || exit 1 ; \
done
/Users/grahamreitz/Development/root/usr/local/bin/strip: invalid option -- c
Usage: /Users/grahamreitz/Development/root/usr/local/bin/strip <option(s)> in-file(s)
Removes symbols and sections from files
The options are:
-I --input-target=<bfdname> Assume input file is in format <bfdname>
-O --output-target=<bfdname> Create an output file in format <bfdname>
-F --target=<bfdname> Set both input and output format to <bfdname>
-p --preserve-dates Copy modified/access timestamps to the output
-R --remove-section=<name> Remove section <name> from the output
-s --strip-all Remove all symbol and relocation information
-g -S -d --strip-debug Remove all debugging symbols & sections
--strip-unneeded Remove all symbols not needed by relocations
--only-keep-debug Strip everything but the debug information
-N --strip-symbol=<name> Do not copy symbol <name>
-K --keep-symbol=<name> Do not strip symbol <name>
--keep-file-symbols Do not strip file symbol(s)
-w --wildcard Permit wildcard in symbol comparison
-x --discard-all Remove all non-global symbols
-X --discard-locals Remove any compiler-generated symbols
-v --verbose List all object files modified
-V --version Display this program's version number
-h --help Display this output
--info List object formats & architectures supported
-o <file> Place stripped output into <file>
/Users/grahamreitz/Development/root/usr/local/bin/strip: supported targets: mach-o-x86-64 mach-o-i386 mach-o-le mach-o-be mach-o-fat pef pef-xlib sym srec symbolsrec verilog tekhex binary ihex
make[3]: *** [libgcc_ext.10.4.dylib] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-stage1-target-libgcc] Error 2
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: config.log
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 34730 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20110602/d72813fe/attachment-0001.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list