Cross compiling simple pcap example

Kent Kvarfordt kent.kvarfordt@gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 17:19:00 GMT 2011


Ok.  So even though the libraries are dynamically linked shared object
libraries (.so), the 32-bit versions need to be present during the
compile/link phase on the 64-bit installation?

The reason I ask is that the application I am trying to cross compile
actually has several incompatible library errors.  I was using the
pcap example as a boiled down example for posting.  Is there a way to
compile the application on the 64-bit installation w/out installing
32-bit versions, so the 32-bit libraries are resolved at runtime on
the 32-bit installation?

Thanks for all the replies.
-- Kent

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 June 2011 13:19, Kent Kvarfordt wrote:
>>
>> This makes sense given the /usr/lib/libpcap.so is the 64-bit pcap
>> library.  I tried installing the 32-bit pcap package along side the
>> 64-bit package, but the installation failed saying the
>> packages/libraries could not co-exist.
>>
>> Is it possible to build the example so it is truly dynamically linked
>> at run-time on the 32-bit installation?  If so, what are the correct
>> options?
>
> You already have the correct options, -m32, you just don't have the
> necessary libraries installed for that to succeed.
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list