preprocessing by gcc

David Paterson dnpaterson@gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 08:12:00 GMT 2011


On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:33 AM, PRASANTH RAJAGOPAL
<prasanthris@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are right. I ran the *.S through gcc and it worked. I then ran it
> through gas and the MACROs were not defined and errors were thrown.
>
> Wondering how I can make it work with Eclipse? They seem to have
> locked *.S as an assembly source code & I am unable to remove the gas
> from toolchain list.
> I posted this in Eclipse forum, but have'n't got a reply yet.

You can either switch it for the individual file, or if you have
several .S files
in your project, do it for the whole project.

Open the properties for the file or project, select "C/C++ Build",
then "Settings",
"GCC Assembler", and simply change "as" to "gcc".  Easy as that :-)

Cheers,

David P.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list