Use <stdatomic.h> with GCC C Compiler
Jonathan Wakely
jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 08:57:00 GMT 2011
On 26 January 2011 08:19, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the experimental part of the GCC C++ compiler provides the <atomic> and
> <stdatomic.h> header files and implementation which may be part of a future C++
> and C standard. As far as I understand the <stdatomic.h> is provided for C
> programs? If I include <stdatomic.h> in a C source file and try to compile it
> with the GCC C compiler I get this: fatal error: stdatomic.h: No such file or
> directory. Do I need some magic options to let the GCC C compiler find this
> header file, e.g. -I /ugly/path/to/include/c++?
Yes, it's installed as part of libstdc++, which means it's only found
using the search paths of the C++ compiler. To find it with the C
compiler you need to specify the path (or link to it or copy it
elsewhere)
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list