Objective-C

Nicola Pero nicola.pero@meta-innovation.com
Wed Jan 19 02:03:00 GMT 2011

The compiler is only part of what you need to actually program in Objective-C.

You mention "on my PC" and "unzip", which suggests that you are using Microsoft Windows
(just guessing, let me know if I'm wrong). ;-)

In that case, I would recommend GNUstep's Windows installer to start with --

  http://www.gnustep.org/resources/sources.html#windows

that should help you get running with the GNU Objective-C compiler, runtime
library and the basic GNUstep libraries needed to actually do anything with
the Objective-C language.

There are other options; but if you're on Microsoft Windows and want to do
Objective-C, as far as I know that is the easiest option.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jonathan Wakely" <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 19 January, 2011 02:23
To: "Carles Setó" <i21777@hotmail.com>
Cc: gnu@gnu.org, "gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>, "gcc@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Objective-C

On 19 January 2011 01:13, Carles Setó wrote:
> Dear GNU managers,

Please don't cross-post like this - your question is suitable to the
gcc-help mailing list, not the other addresses you used.  Please keep
any follow up to the gcc-help list, thanks.

> I have installed gcc-4.5.0. on my PC and I want to compile to practise Objective-C language. One of my purposes is training to become a Apple developer.
>
> What file I should download, (unzip), objc or objcp?, what's the difference between these two ones?

I'm not sure what files you mean, but I believe objcp is for Objective-C++.

You might be able to find pre-built GCC packages to install, depending
which OS you're running. That is a lot easier than building GCC
yourself. See http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html