Why are dwarf2 symbols getting assigned hidden visibility?

John Marino gnugcc@marino.st
Fri Jan 14 01:03:00 GMT 2011

On 1/13/2011 5:51 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> So back to my issue, can you think of anything else that might cause this
>> issue with the unwind functionality?
> I have no idea, sorry, I was only looking at NetBSD to fix PR 47147
>
> Thanks for trying the patch anyway.

I had a complete log from one of the NetBSD builds that I got from the
unix "tee" command.  I decided to do the generate another long during
the build of DragonFlyBSD to compare them.

On object files like gnat1, gnat1drv, etc, there is one difference
between the build commands.  DragonFlyBSD (which works) uses an -O2 flag
and NetBSD instead uses a -fkeep-inline-functions flag.  All the other
flags are common between them.

Would the use of -fkeep-inline-functions explain why the unwind
functions are linked as local in the front end?
I spent a long time looking at the configure/makefiles.  I can't figure
out where the -O2/-fkeep-inline-function flag is getting assigned.  Both
systems passed the test checking if it's capable of
-fkeep-inline-functions (not surprising as both systems are using recent
snapshots of gcc 4.6 to build the latest).

Hopefully I'm getting closer to solving this...
John

Thank