-aux-info option of GCC

Cedric Roux cedric.roux@acri-st.fr
Tue Jan 4 08:36:00 GMT 2011


On 01/04/2011 05:35 AM, ali hagigat wrote:
> -aux-info filename
> Besides declarations, the file indicates, in comments, the origin of
> each declara-
> tion (source file and line), whether the declaration was implicit, prototyped or
> unprototyped (‘I’, ‘N’ for new or ‘O’ for old, respectively, in the
> first character
> after the line number and the colon), .....
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I have copied part of GCC manual. I wonder if anybody can write a C
> program to see the 'O' by -aux-info.
> When compiler comes across a function prototype or the definition of a
> function, it generates 'N' by -aux-info. When it can generate 'O'?

/home/cro/dsdd> cat toto.c
int a();
/home/cro/dsdd> gcc -c -Wall toto.c -aux-info yo
/home/cro/dsdd> cat yo
/* compiled from: . */
/* toto.c:1:OC */ extern int a (/* ??? */);



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list