Allocate a variable in a known physical location

isuru herath isuru81@yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 19:16:00 GMT 2011

Dear All,

I need to allocate a variable in a known physical location, let's say I need
to allocate void *p in location 0x10001000.  I was using mmap to to do this,
but in that manner I can only allocate p[0], p[1]...p[n] in that physical
address range. Therefore when I access p[i], accesses to p results in
outside {0x10001000,  0x10001000+offset} and p[i] results as an access in
the range I am interested in. I was wondering is there a was for me to force
to allocate variable p in that address range or I am looking for something
totally unrealistic. Because of the nature of my research I can use any
optimization(-O2, O3).

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

regards,
Isuru