Why are dwarf2 symbols getting assigned hidden visibility?

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 16:55:00 GMT 2011

On 13 January 2011 16:47, John Marino wrote:

> Btw the way, your patch has a spelling error in the comment:
> /*  NetBSD 5 requires the I386_INSI_H and X86_64_ANSI_H checks here.  */
>
> It's ANSI, not INSI

Yep, someone already pointed that out to me, thanks

> Also, to be consistent with the prior comment, you'd want to use
> _I386_ANSI_H_ (not I386_ANSI_H) and likewise _X86_64_ANSI_H_

The comment on the previous line says:
 /*  BSD/OS 3.1 and FreeBSD [23].x require the MACHINE_ANSI_H check here.  */
so I was going for consistency with that line, not the ones further up the file.

> So back to my issue, can you think of anything else that might cause this
> issue with the unwind functionality?

I have no idea, sorry, I was only looking at NetBSD to fix PR 47147

Thanks for trying the patch anyway.