Compiling gcc with sparc-elf target

alsp alansparkstar@gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:01:00 GMT 2011

Ian Lance Taylor-3 wrote:

> I think you need to add --build=mingw32.  That should at least get you
> to a different problem.

Thanks Ian,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I have now tried adding --build=mingw32 to my configure command. I am indeed
getting a different error now:

checking for sparc-elf-gcc... /d/Development/gcc/gcc_4_3_0_release_o
bj/./gcc/xgcc -B/d/Development/gcc/gcc_4_3_0_release_obj/./gcc/ -B/s
parc-gcc/sparc-elf/bin/ -B/sparc-gcc/sparc-elf/lib/ -isystem
/sparc-gcc/sparc-el
f/include -isystem /sparc-gcc/sparc-elf/sys-include
checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: cannot compute
suffix o
f object files: cannot compile

I'm also working through a slightly different process for compiling gcc and
noticed that it is compiling binutils with the sparc-elf target. This is not
something that I was doing and may or not be an influencing factor (mine was
compiled for mingw32)?

Alan

P.S. In response to Andrew's question. It was failing very late in the
compile and I assume that it was building the target libraries.