Strict Aliasing document

Patrick Horgan phorgan1@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 00:28:00 GMT 2011

Thanks to everyone who commented on the white paper, it's a lot better
because of the comments I got here and on boost-users.

In particular I'd like to thank Václav Haisman, Thomas Heller who wrote
the memcpy version of the routine I use in the document and pointed out
that it will generate exactly the same assembler, and Andrew Haley who
pointed out a more portable way to define the union, and also pointed
out that gcc will elide the calls to memcpy.

Current version at http://dbp-consulting.com/StrictAliasing.pdf

Patrick