dl_iterate_phdr support

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Mon Feb 14 17:46:00 GMT 2011


John Marino <gnugcc@marino.st> writes:

> Thanks Ian.  If I understand the code in those two files correctly,
> only Solaris, Linux, and FreeBSD is being considered.  If I want to
> use this on Dragonfly 2.9+, NetBSD 5.99+, and/or OpenBSD, I'll have to
> patch these files will the appropriate code.

Right, or even better generalize the test somehow.

> For the others, I am waiting for gcc 4.6 to get branched.  Would a
> configuration patch to these files make it into trunk before it's
> branched?  If you take the words "regression fixes and documentation
> only" literally then the answer would be no, it has to wait for 4.7
> stage 1.

Generally target specific patches get additional leeway even in stage 4.
That would be a question for the *BSD maintainers.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list