GFortranBinaries - Mac OS X Leopard

Kenneth R. Morris "Bob" Kenneth.R.Morris@nasa.gov
Fri Feb 11 21:48:00 GMT 2011

Greetings.   I attempted to download the dmg file for Mac OSX 10.5x/
Intel from:

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries#MacOS

and got a dmg file indicating SnowLeopard rather than Tiger or
Leopard.  Does the same binary support all these Mac OS versions, or
does the web page link need to be fixed?  I installed the binary under
10.5.8 and got these compile errors:

bash-3.2$ ncargex cpex08 -clean

NCAR Graphics Fortran  Example <cpex08>

   Copying cpex08.f

   Copying cpexcc.f

Compiling and linking...
gfortran -fPIC -fno-range-check -O -o cpex08 cpexcc.f cpex08.f -L/usr/
local/ncl_521/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -lXpm
-lX11 -lXext
dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Trace/BPT trap

The compile and link failed.

Thanks,

Bob Morris, SAIC, NASA/GSFC