Link Error: GCC 4.2.0 on SunOS-5.8

HEGDE, ASHA (ASHA) asha.hegde@alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Feb 3 13:20:00 GMT 2011


I am not trying to build the GCC. I am only using this GCC version( which is already built) to build my application and I am suppose to get the build up with this version only. 

My ld version is - 2.16.1. Is this compatible with GCC 4.2.0? My build is using following options:
" Configured with: /vobs/gnu/gcc/build/src/configure --prefix=/vobs/gnu/gcc/SunOS-5.8 --enable-languages=c,c++ --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --enable-shared --with-stabs"

Is there any problem with these options?


Thanks,
Asha



-----Original Message-----
From: asyropoulos@aol.com [mailto:asyropoulos@aol.com] 
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 6:32 PM
To: HEGDE, ASHA (ASHA); gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Link Error: GCC 4.2.0 on SunOS-5.8



>I am trying to build my application with GCC 4.2.0 on Solaris - 
SunOS-5.8. I am
>getting the below mentioned link error during final linking step. Can 
some one
>help me to resolve this problem?

I have built 4.5.2 on OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana with no problem. Maybe it 
is
time to upgrade ;-)

Apostolos Syropoulos



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list