hail marry (booting PowerMac 8600)

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Feb 3 00:13:00 GMT 2011

kevin diggs <diggskevin38@gmail.com> writes:

> Does the fact that -O1 does not work either suggest any particular
> clue of what to look for? -O0 does work (but that is probably
> expected?). This is for 4.3.5.

That doesn't suggest anything to me and actually it's rather surprising.
-O2 is much more aggressive than -O1 when it comes to breaking code
which superficially looks like it should work.  When code breaks with
-O1 it usually means that the code is obviously broken.  Or, of course,
there could be a compiler bug.

Sorry I can't of much help here.  What you are asking seems to be a
reasonable question but unfortunately the gcc release process doesn't
work in a way that makes it possible to answer it.

Ian