reduce compilation cost for changing a bit in headers

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming@digium.com
Thu Dec 1 20:58:00 GMT 2011

On 12/01/2011 12:54 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 1 December 2011 18:43, Alireza Haghdoost wrote:
>> I am using simple Makefile without dep ... I am wondering if make
>> understand change in header files if I write dependency in Makefile ?
>
> Yes, that's one of make's main purposes.

In addition, you can use ccache as a wrapper for gcc, to avoid actually
compiling code that didn't change even if the source files were touched.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kfleming@digium.com | SIP: kpfleming@digium.com | Skype: kpfleming