Program fails when optimizing for speed under gcc 4.6

Wander Lairson Costa wander.lairson@gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 22:41:00 GMT 2011

2011/12/20 kevin diggs <diggskevin38@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Can you use 'O1 -fno-omit-frame-pointer'? Does O1 enable
> omit-frame-pointer? You can also try -fverbose-asm to see the list of
> -f options that are passed to cc1 (only useful in a -S compile). Maybe
> you can look for the culprit that is haunting your code that way?
>
> kevin

Hi kevin,

Thanks to pointing this out. From gcc 4.6.2 manual:

"Starting with GCC version 4.6, the default setting (when not
optimizing for size) for 32-bit Linux x86 and 32-bit Darwin x86
targets has been changed to -fomit-frame-pointer. The default can be
reverted to -fno-omit-frame-pointer by configuring GCC with the
--enable-frame-pointer configure option."

I am out of office now. Tomorrow I will test compiling with
-fno-omit-frame-pointer. Thanks again.

--
Best Regards,
Wander Lairson Costa